Final Reflection For World Literature 2020-2021

    This semester was unlike any other, one major thing that was different from this course and the previous courses I had was the blogs. Blogs were really different to me because having to post our thoughts, ideas, classwork, and homework on a website and being graded for our effort was surprising. What I found meaningful was that reading articles that were interesting learning things like what an essay really was and what it was to be an amateur, also having to choose our book to read and learn from the book we chose instead of being forced to choose a book to read or have a limited amount of choices. What I am the proudest of is the "essay" or blog posts because I can actually pour my thoughts and ideas on a blank screen without having to worry about being graded on punctuations, spellings, titles, and all these things we have to get right before we even finish or start to write. I feel like in the past the essays I would be able to write would be longer if my teachers just allowed me to write and enthusiastic about it as well. Well, that's how I feel now about writing in this class even though it still a pain to write and think, but it's more liberating (I guess you can say). Something I would like to do better is scheduling I can do the schedules and like be on schedule for a certain time, but still be able to get sidetracked. Something I learned from this course that would help me in the future would be the posts I post because I can look back on certain like on the journal posts and see what I was thinking how come up with those and well there is still lots to learn, but for a limited amount of time. Three texts I've read so far is Les Mis, Black by Ted Dekker, and Fox in Socks. In Les Mis, I noticed syntax the author puts his words together ex: BK 2 #6 the run-on sentence "of a smoking roof, of a passing man, of a barking dog, of a galloping horse, of a striking clock, of the day because one can see, of the night because one cannot see, of the highway, of the path, of a bush, of sleep". The run-on sentence made the text better in a way because it makes us feel like we are feeling the same feelings that the character is feeling (lots of feelings). In Black, by Ted Dekker, I noticed hyperbole "I blasted through a horde of flies like they were the air itself." this is exaggerating the characters strength, but it gave me another character trait and that is this character like to show off or exaggerate which gave me a better understanding of the character. In Fox in Socks, I noticed consonance (a lot) "Chicks with bricks and blocks and clocks come." to me in this book it makes it more fun to read like I want to get the sentence correct the first time without messing up, but it gives it a flow when you read the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay: Do Opinions Matter?

PAGES FROM MY JOURNAL #2